So-net無料ブログ作成

Del Norte Depot [DRGW Facilities PA]

depot_del-norte_01.jpg
depot_del-norte_02.jpg

This is one of the Rio Grande original facilities remained along its route in Colorado; the former depot at Del Norte.

According to Denver & Rio Grande Western Depots Volume 2 by Clive Carter, Del Norte depot was built in 1911 with two-story frame structure of wood shingles roof and stucco finish with drop siding wainscot walls[1]. It was retired in 1970. The structure houses the town hall today.

The branch reached Del Norte in 1881, and the line between Alamosa and Del Norte was dual gauged in 1901[2]. The branch was sold to San Luis and Rio Grande Railroad in 2003.

All photos were taken on Sep. 6, 2017

[1] Carter, Clive (2013) Denver & Rio Grande Western Depots Vol. 2
[2] Holmes, Nathan D., (2009) “D&RG/D&RGW V Creede Branch History” DRGW.Net;
* photo of the original depot built in 1881 found at Denver Public Library;

depot_del-norte_03.jpg: buried spur at Del Norte


旧D&RGW沿線に今も遺るRio Grandeの遺物を紹介している。

この建物は、元Rio GrandeのDel Norte駅舎である。1911年竣工の木造二階建てで、1970年用途廃止になり、現在は町役場として用いられている。

Alamosaを起点とするCreede Branchがここに到達したのは1881年。2003年にSan Luis and Rio Grande Railroadに売却された。現在も廃線にこそなっていないものの、ここを通る定期列車はなく、Monte Vista・South Fork間は余剰貨車のストレージになっている。

コメント(0) 

コメント 0

コメントを書く

お名前:[必須]
URL:
コメント:
画像認証:
下の画像に表示されている文字を入力してください。

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。
D&RGW
Ring Owner: Nathan Holmes Site: D&RGW Site Ring
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com