So-net無料ブログ作成

Creede Depot [DRGW Facilities PA]

depot_creede_01.jpg
depot_creede_02.jpg
depot_creede_03.jpg

This is one of the Rio Grande original facilities remained along its route in Colorado; the depot at Creede.

According to Denver & Rio Grande Western Depots Volume 2 by Clive Carter, Creede depot was built in 1893 with one-story frame structure of wood singles roof, board and batten wall and wood singles gable ends. It was retired in 1961. Today, museum occupies the structure.

Former right of way in front of the depot is used as lumber yard by a local building material supplier. Two-room outhouse also survives to this day.

The branch reached Creede in 1892 and converted to standard gauge in 1902[1]. The last train left the depot in 1969, and the segment between Creede and South Folk was abandoned in 1999.

The county seat of Mineral County, former mining town Creede was incorporated in 1892, the same year rail reached the town. The mines behind the town produced gold, silver and copper, later lead and zinc ores until 1985.

All photos taken on Sep. 7, 2017

[1] Holmes, Nathan D., (2009) “D&RG/D&RGW Creede Branch History” DRGW.Net;

creede_03.jpg: N Main St & Wall St, Creede


旧D&RGW沿線に今も遺るRio Grandeの遺物を紹介している。

この建物は、元Rio GrandeのCreede駅舎である。1893年竣工の木造平屋で、1961年用途廃止になり、現在は郷土博物館として用いられている。駅舎前の線路敷きは建材置き場になっている。

Alamosaを起点とするCreede Branchがここまで到達したのは1892年。近くの鉱山において産出する金・銀・銅、後には鉛・亜鉛鉱石を運んだ。終点Creedeまで列車が運行されたのは1969年まで。鉱石輸送は1985年まで続いたものの、1999年に支線の末端であるSouth Folk・Creede間は廃線になっている。

コメント(0) 

コメント 0

コメントを書く

お名前:[必須]
URL:
コメント:
画像認証:
下の画像に表示されている文字を入力してください。

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。
D&RGW
Ring Owner: Nathan Holmes Site: D&RGW Site Ring
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Get Your Free Web Ring
by Bravenet.com